Friday 4 December 2020

End of Year Reflection - 2020. What a year it's been!

 Well, on top of everything else, I dislocated my knee almost as soon as we got back to school again, and was pretty much off for the remainder of Term 3! 

Term 4 has been crazy busy with testing, reports and art exhibitions, so I am finally finding the time to look back on how this year has gone.

I am so pleased with the progress that our children have made in Reading across the team this year! Despite a year of many challenges, we were not disappointed by any of our Reading results, in fact we had quite a few children whose results pleasantly surprised us! 

Looking forward to 2021, I can see that my team could benefit from some professional development around knowing when to progress students further, as we had a few children reading in their instructional groups at too low a level. Mrs Wilson noticed, some of these children only required a little more wait time from the teacher in order to show they knew or could work out the word in the text.

Here is an update showing the progress made by my target students in the second half of this very challenging year. I couldn't be more proud of them!

Inquiry Group
NameEOY 2019 Reading LevelCurrent Instructional LevelEnd of Year Testing Result!
H91422
P111418
T101418
M71416
E101419
K121420

Maybe next year I will be able to Inquire more into my Maths programme as I had originally intended to do this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment