Sunday 21 October 2018

Term 4 Inquiry Ideas

Heading into a very busy and action packed term I am mindful of keeping my Inquiry goals realistic. I was very happy with how we got to the point last term where every child participated in their own conversations. I want to continue allowing time for these conversations on a daily basis, and bring it through into our DMiC sharing - there are still some children very reluctant to discuss their ideas in this time. I am also keen to bring conversation time* through into my Writing sessions - particularly the reluctant lower end writers, who will happily copy off the board but shut down when asked for their own ideas. I hope to share some learner examples at the end of term.

*The difference between conversation time and normal instruction is that the children know there is an expectation for them to talk and share their ideas. Teacher talking will be kept to a minimum level and really just take the form of occasional prompting.

No comments:

Post a Comment