Monday 9 April 2018

Professional Inquiry Progress end of Term 1

I have mixed feelings about my success with my Inquiry this term. It has been a busy term for me, my first in the role of Team leader, and I have been distracted by the needs of my student teacher and our whole staff development in learning to teach Maths the DMiC way.

Having said that, I am definitely proud of the classroom atmosphere that I have fostered. All children seem more willing to engage, if not at the whole class level, then in their smaller group work. Some children have really taken off with the idea of questioning their peers, but this needs to be a continuing focus.

DMiC lessons have allowed me to take a step back and observe the children's interactions with each other, at least in the learning context. I feel I have a good understanding of the strengths and needs still to be addressed within the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment