Sunday 8 December 2019

Wrapping up 2019 and looking forward to 2020!

This year, I have felt my focus pulled in various directions as things have occurred in my space throughout the year.

I am really proud of the way we, as a team, worked on our knowledge of Reading Groups' instruction. We had regular conversations around the progress of all of our students and discussed ways in which we could next target their learning to achieve shift up the levels. While progress was not the same for every student, there were some very pleasing results on the whole, as well as more knowledge and reflective practice occurring within the team.

Looking forward to 2020, I would like to attempt a similar focus on Writing within our team meetings. I feel like of all the subjects, it is the one that we are probably least on the same page about. It would be good to discuss ideas, strategies and expectations appropriate to our Year 2 learners throughout next year. Hopefully we can implement more of what Dr Jannie van Hees was modelling for us in 2019.

I am particularly interested in exploring the implementation of the Engage programme, particularly as it relates to building the 'Thinking' skill in our children. I feel like this is a skill that could be utilised across all subjects of the curriculum.

No comments:

Post a Comment